Getting to The Conference
how to get from the airport to the hotel and how to get from the hotel to the conference:
- From the airport:
The best way to get from the airport to Detroit is via lyft or uber (the cabs are quite pricey here, a trip from the airport to Detroit is around $30). After you have requested your pickup, make your way towards the Ground Transportation Center. Follow signs to the"Rideshare" pickup area. This is where all Lyft & Uber driver-partners at DTW meet travelers for pickup.
- Hotel shuttle:
The Atheneum is offering limited shuttle service in the mornings (Thu, Fr, Sat) from the conference hotel to the Student Center. Seats are limited, make sure to talk to the staff at the front desk!
There will be 2 runs in the morning:
- Shuttle 1 will leave at 7:00am
- Shuttle 2 will leave at 7:30am
Getting To The Reception
- THE SHUTTLE GOING TO THE RECEPTION AT THE C. WRIGHT MUSEUM WILL LEAVE AT 6:15PM FROM IN FRONT OF THE DUNKIN' DONUTS (DUNKIN' DONUTS, 5284 ANTHONY WAYNE DR, DETROIT, MI 48202), SEE LINK FOR WALKING DIRECTIONS FROM DD TO THE STUDENT CENTER HTTPS://GOO.GL/MAPS/AVVWEUVTGAP
- THE SHUTTLE WILL ALSO BRING PEOPLE BACK TO THE HOTEL AFTER THE RECEPTION.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
- Q-LINE: THE STREETCARS CONNECT DOWNTOWN DETROIT TO WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY, THE NEAREST STOP IS FERRY ST., BUT YOU CAN ALSO USE WARREN AVE. IF YOU WANT TO STROLL OVER CAMPUS. HTTPS://QLINEDETROIT.COM/
- MOGO BIKES: BIKES CAN BE FOUND AT MULTIPLE RENTAL STATIONS THROUGHOUT THE CITY. HTTPS://MOGODETROIT.ORG/.
- THE CLOSEST MOGO STATION IS WSU - W KIRBY & THIRD AVE, RIGHT NEXT TO THE SOCIOLOGY DEPARTMENT AND THE STUDENT CENTER.
- DRIVING SERVICES (LYFT, UBER, TAXIS): THE EASIEST PLACE TO BE DROPPED OFF AND PICKED UP FROM IS IN FRONT OF THE DUNKIN' DONUTS (DUNKIN' DONUTS, 5284 ANTHONY WAYNE DR, DETROIT, MI 48202), SEE LINK FOR WALKING DIRECTIONS FROM DD TO THE STUDENT CENTER HTTPS://GOO.GL/MAPS/AVVWEUVTGAP